Milan, May 13, 2021 - The Board of Directors of A2A S.p.A., which met today under the chairmanship of Marco Patuano, continued its program to update the Company's corporate governance rules to bring them into line with the Principles and Recommendations of the new Corporate Governance Code adopted by the Company with effect from January 1, 2021.
Interventions focused on the following areas:
- updating of the regulations of the Board of Directors and internal committees;
- extension of the responsibilities of the Sustainability and Territory Committee to include Corporate Governance issues, closely linked to those of Sustainability, not only in the environmental sense, but also in the social and economic sense, changing its name to “ESG and Territory Relations Committee”;
- separation of the functions previously assigned to the Control and Risk Committee with establishment of a Related Party Committee that is assigned the tasks provided for by the relevant Consob regulations and by the specific procedure for regulating related-party transactions, currently being amended with effect from July 1, 2021.
The Related Party Committee - which immediately commences its activities, also with a view to issuing a prior opinion on the updated text of the procedure for transactions with related parties, which will be submitted to a future meeting of the Board of Directors - is made up of independent directors: Stefania Bariatti – Chair, Vincenzo Cariello and Christine Perrotti – Members who will be paid, pro rata temporis, the following remuneration in accordance with the Remuneration Policy:
- 20,000.00 euro for the Chair;
- 19,000.00 euro for each member.
Updated documents are being posted on the Company's website www.a2a.eu.
A2A – Media Relations
Tel. +39-02 7720.4583
Tel. +39-02 7720.3974